In our attempt to furnish the house with only secondhand or American made products, I found myself researching mattresses that are manufactured in the United States. As it turns out, there are quite a few mattresses companies with manufacturing facilities in the US. From traditional inner spring to the newer latex and memory foam mattresses, from budget to luxury brands, check out this list of American made beds.
- Casper is the new kid on the mattress block. Covers and panels are sewn in Illinois and South Carolina and the foam for the mattresses is poured in Pennsylvania and Georgia.
- Tuft and Needle mattresses are designed, sourced and manufactured in the States. The foam is poured and cut in the states, the fabric is sourced from a mill in the Carolinas and the mattresses are finished at a factory in California.
- Kingsdown mattresses has been based in North Carolina for more than 100 years. They still produce some mattresses there, but they also have factories in California, Oklahoma, Virginia, as well as global manufacturing facilities.
- The Original Mattress Factory has factory store locations in nine states, as well as available nationwide online. They offer both foam and pillow top mattresses.
- Sealy mattresses are manufactured in three factories in the United States. The brand makes traditional innerspring mattresses, as well as hybrid, gel memory foam and latex foam mattresses.
- Saatva Mattresses are produced in factories in twelve US states and are distributed through 35 fulfillment centers. The inner spring mattresses feature organic cotton covers and bio-based foam.
- Englander has seven factories throughout the United States. They do not sell direct to the public so check mattress stores for the label.
- Cozy Pure’s organic latex mattresses are manufactured in Norfolk, Virginia. The company also produces bedding and mattress pads.
- Stearns and Foster mattresses are made in the USA, although I couldn’t find out exactly where.
- Sealy operates 25 bedding plants in the U.S., producing both innerspring and foam mattresses.
- EasyRest adjustable beds and mattresses are made in factories in Louisville and Georgetown, Kentucky and Nashville, Tennessee.
- Thomasville Bedding Company has been manufacturing their mattress in Thomasville, Georgia since 1969. They make both innerspring and latex mattresses, as well as custom mattress and box springs.
Image: This American House
I love that everything you’re adding to your house is secondhand or American made! A themed home is a seriously unique concept.
http://www.acmebeddingcompany.com/ Acme Bedding. Located in Muskegon, MI. Can customize to exactly what you want!
A few other American made mattresses: Dutch Craft mattresses made in Celina, Tennessee. Jamison Bedding, made in Tennessee and a few locations in the western US. Verlo mattress company has several locations around the US.
Oh and Corsicana Bedding from Corsicana, Texas. They also make these in Shelbyville, Tennessee.
Also Eco Terra. GOTS certified organic. No VOC’S. Very inexpensive.
Add amerisleep and leesa
Our furniture store sells American-made furniture – as well as Justice Mattresses made in Lebanon, Missouri.
Have you seen http://www.loomandleaf.com or http://www.zenhaven.com ? They’re both American made luxury mattresses, one is memory foam and the other one is Latex.
Have you seen https://drommabed.com? Dromma is a 100% Made in America mattress with triple layer, cooling gel memory foam. I sleep on one and love it.
paramountsleep.com We have had their Nature’s Spa for almost 10 years! Still wonderful.
Englander been into making Mattresses for over 125 yrs. Made in the USA!
Many Englander manufactures are across the United States. Tualatin Sleep Products in the Northwest is in Tualatin Oregon and produces for 7 states OR,WA,CA,ID,NV,UT,AK
Tualatin Sleep Products also manufactures other brands Eclipse,Eastman House.
Family Owned & Operated-Better Sleep by Design
My wife and I really enjoy the Eco Terra – https://ecoterrabeds.com. It’s similar to the Zenhaven, but has actual third party certifications. It’s also a step above Casper.
Casper memory foam mattresses are not made in the US but in China and shipped to warehouses through out the US.
Amore’ mattress is made in Chicago, They also make a 12″ hybrid
Such useful information! All these brands are quite famous and liked by the people of America.
Trying to find out who makes the Calumet by Private Selection.
How could you overlook Holder Mattress https://www.holdermattress.com/ made in Kokomo, Indiana since 1947!
Others that are made in the USA, and in most cases by local plants near you.
Jamestown Mattresses in Jamestown, NY are 100% manufactured in the USA